I am over clearomizers with prebuilt coils, but there are still a few that impressed me – one of them is the Joyetech Ultimo.
I just stumbled upon a picture on vapin heathens instagram showing a “Joyetech Ornate” which looks like a 25mm Ultimo, just a bit better and with other coil options. See below! Super curious about this one.
Now up for preorder: The SMOK G-Priv Kit including the BigBaby Tank for $93.95.
As far as I know, the Big Baby is a wider version of the Baby Beast and takes the same coils. Not sure if the RBA is included in this set though.
The new CoilArt Mage GTA is $25.07 after coupon code MAP. Yes, you read this correct, not Mage RTA but GTA. I have literally no idea what this is, but we will find out soon 🙂 Maybe something like the Digiflavor Fuji but shorter?
Curious about this one, if you have more info, let me know here. I want to know if I need this or not 😉
Pretty good looking Pharaoh RDA clone is available now for $13.01! Waiting for some reviews but the pics look promising.
The original one is still in a flash sale for $26.63 here – if you want to be safe, take this one. For sure a clone is always a bit of a gamble.
Just a reminder: The Wismec Noisy Cricket II is still in stock for $26.99 after coupon code “NoisyDEAL”!
Parallel config in direct output, series config either direct output or regulated via Poti. Your choice 🙂
The SMOK G-PRIV is available for preorder for $80.36. Be prepared for a long wait and it isn’t cheap either.
Take a look at the quick look below in the meanwhile.
Finally, the Wismec Noisy Cricket II is in stock for $26.99 after coupon code “NoisyDEAL”! 200 pieces are available, so be quick 🙂
Not a huge discount but better than nothing: 3FVAPE has 3% off everything until 24th of October with coupon code “2016OCT3OFF”.
The DJLsb review for the Pioneer4You IPV6X is out finally and clarifies some rumores.
There are 3 software versions out there. 1.2, 1.3 and 1.5.
Second: the device is not firmware upgradable
v1.2: no reverse polarity protection, no button lock, non working TCR mode
v1.3: reverse polarity protection, button lock, non working TCR mode
v1.5: reverse polarity protection, button lock, working TCR mode
It seems that they also improved the battery door somewhere between these versions so it does not pop open so easily. Personally I never this problem but heard lots of them.
My luck: I have a 1.2 from the first batch in blue and just got my black one which is 1.3. Damn it!
Nevertheless, I really like this mod. Obviously I am attracted to flawed mods since I love the Sigelei 213 too :). The missing button lock an my blue one is a show stopper though, the black one is perfect for me (since I am not using the manual TCR anyway). The finish on the black one is beautiful too, the centered 510 and the weight makes it one of my favorite mods.
With the 1.5 this seems like a pretty perfect mods, except the missing firmware upgradability :(. So, do I recommend it? Yes. Do I understand that people are super pissed? Yes 🙁
Having an authentic I was really curious how this Hexohm 3.0 clone will be since the manufacturer pics were pretty nice and the board pictures actually looked like an authentic one on a quick glance. I’ll try to do this quick and highlight some differences.
- The shape is exactly the same, the weight of the authentic is 180g, the clone is 165g.
- The authentic button has a bit of a travel first and then a nice high-pitched click. The button on the clone has no travel at all, is clicky too but with a very dull click. Also it is near impossible to push the button just a bit on the clone, you need a bit of the force and then the click happens and you have it pressed in all the way. It isn’t bad on the clone, just completely different and I like the Otto P9 on the authentic a lot more.
- The finish on the authentic is perfect and has a smooth just lighly textured paint. The clone has a pretty rough paint on it – it feels like sandpaper and not very good in the hand.
- The potentiometer looks very similar but is not the same. I gently pushed against the poti on the clone and I pushed it in for 3mm… Gr8.. now I have to open it again and push it back. Nothing like that happens on the authentic.
- The 510 connector looks very similar too but the finish on the clone is a bit rougher. The one on the Clone is easier to press in and has more travel. The one on the authentic is stiffer and doesn’t have that much travel.
- The battery door on the authentic fits perfect. You have to give it a last push for it to close perfect and the magnets are very strong. The battery door on the clone has half a milimeter play all around and the magnets are not as strong, but still strong enough for the door to be securely in place. That play is a bit annoying though.
- Both mods have battery straps to remove the cells with the Hexohm logo. On the clone they are upside down 🙂
- The shape of the battery sled is exactly the same. The one on the authentic has a matte “finish”, the one on the clone is shiny black. The spring loaded contacts are stiffer on the authentic compared to the clone.
- The board and wiring. As you can see on the pictures below, the wires are soldered directly on the board on the clone and use some sort of clamps on the authentic (sorry, no clue what this is called). Whilst the board looks similar at a first glance, it is just the layout that is the same. The cloners board is a bit dirty and on the clone it says “Hexohm 2s”, the one on the authentic “Hex-T”. Definitely not the same board but they did copy the layout.
- The on/off switch on the authentic has a shorter throw.
Does the clone work? So far, yes. At 100%, both seem to have the same power. I did not notice any differences but have not used it a lot yet.
Would I buy this for a whopping $50? No, sorry. If you always wanted to have a Hexohm, I’d go for the real deal with lifetime warranty and a well build mod. That does not mean you should do this – just my personal opinion. The clone seems to work fine, but overall I was really disappointed with so many differences, most of them to the negative side.
Hope this helps!
And now some pictures.
Left: authentic, Right: clone
Top: clone, Bottom: authentic
Top: clone, Bottom: authentic
Left: clone, Right: authentic
Left: authentic, Right: clone
The RBA for the TFV8 Baby Beast is also out already for $9.46 (preorder)
After SXK, Fasttech is now explicitly stating which clones are from SJMY. I like that 🙂 A bunch of new clones are listed today.
Today featured in the sunday sale: The Coppervape BF (bottom feeder) Mech mod for $29.30 after coupon code DEALS.
Reviews are very good and ppl are super excited, can’t say if this is true or not – I did leave out Squonkers so far 🙂
The EHPro Billow v2.5 is currently in a flash sale for $20.24. Worth a look!
DJLsb just released his in-depth review on the GeekVape Griffin 25 Plus ($34.35 after coupon code MAP). I wasn’t a big fan of the regular and 25 version, simply because the wicking was a pain for me to get it right. But I’ll give this plus version another try. It is already on the way from Fasttech 🙂
Here is a list of some interesting coupon codes:
Another vendor with 10% off: Use coupon code HOLIDAY at Focalecig! Valid on October 4th HongKong time (so.. right now!)
While everyone is China is on Holiday I am scrolling through some offers and found a good one: The SMOK Baby Beast Tank for only $17.61 in a flash sale 🙂 I think this is a new low for this one.
Also: One last reminder, you can still get 10% off at FT with coupon code AUTUMN today!